Information and Communication | Rossbourne School
Use of the internet can provide great educational benefits to students. Access to the internet and the School computer network is given as a privilege to students who agree to act in a considerate and responsible manner.
By using Rossbourne School internet users agree to the following:
- Only use the School network for school based work
- Ensure that their network and internet password is known only to them
- Actively avoid inappropriate websites through searching carefully
- Entertainment sites (Music video, and TV episodes etc) should be accessed from home
The following are not permitted:
- Attempting to bypass internet filters (proxy sites)
- Using another's password
- Sending or displaying offensive messages or pictures
- Using obscene language
- Damaging computers or computer networks
- Violating copyright laws
- Engaging in the use of instant messaging such as MSN
- Trespassing in another's folders, work, or files
- Wasting limited resources through non-educational downloads
Students are responsible for good behaviour on the internet just as they are in school. General school rules for behaviour and communications apply.
Network administrators may review files, emails and internet usage to maintain system integrity and ensure that users are using the system responsibly.
If a student breaches this policy their Internet Account will be disabled. Students will be required to have their parent resign the acceptable use policy with them and this signed form needs to been returned to the ICT Coordinator before the account can be enabled.
This policy was ratified by the Rossbourne School Council – 20 July 2011
Distribution – www.rossbourne.vic.edu.au