Code of Behaviour | Rossbourne School
The rules which are set down for Rossbourne School are reflected in the wider community. They have been developed to protect us. Rossbourne School expects students to use self discipline, which is demonstrated by controlled and considerate behaviour at school and when representing the school.
We strive towards:
Safety - Safe behaviour will be demonstrated throughout the school community.
Respect - Students will demonstrate respect for people and property in the school and the community.
Co-Operation - Students are expected to behave in a courteous and responsible way toward others in all school activities both on and off campus.
Breaches of these behaviours include:
- Sexual Harassment
- Verbal and Physical abuse, including touching
- Inappropriate use of public transport
- Rough and aggressive behaviour
- Bringing prohibited items into the school environment
- Inappropriate use of school facilities
- Abusive language
- Threatening actions
- Disruptive behaviour
- Intolerance of others
- Refusal to comply with uniform regulations
- Smoking, alcohol and substance abuse
- Use of electronic devices during school hours
Consequences will be applied when students break the school rules.
Following staff intervention and mediation the consequences may include:
- Rule reminder
- Apology - written or verbal
- Staff/student counseling
- Exclusion from activities
- Explanation of impact of behaviour, on others
Other courses of action for serious offences are:
- Student behaviour contracts
- Payment for damages
The above will be at the discretion of the Principal with parents being notified.